And I am still using my Luddite clamping technique, pounding wedges to get even pressure on the joint while the epoxy cures.
They are sure coming out nicely.
Meanwhile I have finally deduced that the reason many of us Briggs boat replicaters are having a tough time getting the angle of the bow post correct, is that it is not an angle. It is a rolling bevel—45° at the base, 52° at the top. That’s what we cut for Bob and it worked magnificently. So here we go again.
I took yesterday off work to head to the big hardwood store in Phoenix with my friend Dan. We spent a lot of money, but have enough nice, straight-grained wood for a few more boats. And my bunk of marine plywood arrived as well. Let’s cut it to bits.
Chelsea is oiling up the ribs for tomorrow’s assembly.
Janek is wiping the oil back off.
Cataract has come down from the loft to act as a form for the steamed chines and gunwales for Omo.
Janek and Justin are pounding wedges on the floor scarf joint.
And finally we are mapping out the side panels from the sacred scroll.
And drilling countless holes in them.
Leave A Comment