Easily the most rewarding day yet. With the edge paint finally dry, I affixed the oar blocks to the gunwale caps and installed them. Then the splashboards. Then the hatch coamings. But first I got to slash!
Then I made the stern rail trim, installed that. And finally, the two side rails, which pull the lines for the whole boat together once and for all.
By 5 p.m. it was ready to paint, so I did. Wheee!
There’s still plenty to do over the next week, but other than the hatch covers, this is pretty much what she is going to look like. A bowpost cap, oak skid-battens on the bottom, and the copper chine. A couple pieces of hardware. The lights in the shop are odd–the main decks are exactly the color of grey poupon mustard.
I am very, very, very, very pleased.
I am very, very jealous. You have made fast work of this baby and she is magnificent. Very nice work.
Lookin' SWEET! My goodness, you do lovely work!
With a little help from my friends…