Oh my oh me. This thing is really shaping up. Today I built the coamings for the hatches. I will fasten them on once the canvas is stretched on and painted. Then I’ll cut the canvas and tack it up against the inside of the coamings. Here are the coamings set in place:
This evening I made plywood patterns for the splash guards. They are a pretty wacky cut, so I figured I was better off trying it with disposable wood first. Here they are set in place:
I traced the patterns onto the cedar and cut them out. They needed a few knots filled, so are curing for the night.
Canvas tomorrow. Bye bye woody decks.
Leave A Comment